Monday 22 September 2008

After the Milestone - The Post-100 Posts Post-mortem

Yesterday's post was actually a milestone, and even I didn't notice! It was actually my hundredth blog on Blogspot.

I feel as if I should have done something to mark the occasion, like giving away a Renault or blowing out the candles on a cake. No doubt if I scoured the internet I would be able to find an animation of a cake with a hundred candles on it, but I'll make do with giving myself a pat on the back.

To have sat and blogged for a hundred days (even with holidays and a few gaps in between) is quite an achievement. It shows commitment, stickability, ingenuity, which are all qualities that a writer needs.

Anyone can claim to be a writer. Anyone can claim to have a book in them. But it's applying the bottom to the seat and knuckling down to write, day after day, that gets the work done.

I hope you're managing to apply that sort of stickability to your own career as a writer. Keep going, even when you don't feel like it. Turn your writing into a habit and soon you won't have to force yourself to sit down and write - it will become your pleasure, your daily fix of creativity.

No comments: